I got an email this week from a reader asking me if I was ok that I did not spring to victory in the recent Bloggie Awards. The Bloggie Awards are the social media equivalent of the Oscars. Unknown to me, I had been nominated which I wrote about here. I went to vote for myself once but could not get past that catchpa thing which is there to make sure that you are not a robot. After trying a few times I gave up and forgot all about the Bloggies. Anyway, the winners were announced a few days ago, of which I was not one.
The winner of my category is here at http://joannenova.com.au/ and it is a proper, grown up blog with good information and no mention of merkins.
When I was studying to be a kindergarten teacher, we looked at the notions "Fear of Failure" and "Fear of success." I still have no real idea what they mean. But I went on to become the most useless but fun kindy teacher ever. I know I do not have a fear of success. I love success! And here of a few highlights in my life where I have succeeded or won something.
- I won a meat raffle once at the Windsor RSL Club. THAT was a good day!
- I won a basket of Sebastian Hair Care Products once, for referring the most amount of people to my then hairdresser.
- I won an award for creative writing when I was in year 9.
- I have "won" many competitions on eBay.
- I won an art prize at the Hawkesbury Show once. That was $100 thank you very much!
- I recently won a Lottery Prize of $23,000,000 in a Conganese Lotto that I cannot even remember entering. Awesome.
- I won the respect of the removalists last week with my ability to lift boxes.
- I came second runner up at the Kirribilli Hotel's Karaoke Championships in 1999. The Divine Ms M won. She sang a kicking version of Blame it on the Boogie and had a massive Afro wig on. She was pretty awesome. I sang On Top of the World. I think I lost because of song choice. It certainly was not because of my voice......
- I won the first ever Woog Cup when we went to Strike Bowling. IN YOUR FACE BOYS.
What is the best thing you have won?